With the upsurge in technology solutions for comprehensive project and document management, there is no real shortage of online software solutions created specifically for implementing and maintaining ISO 27001. This makes it a lot harder to identify the solution that best fits your organizational operations and can truly help you implement the standard in due time.
In this article, we offer advice for what to look for when searching for software to support an ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS), and to help you with your ISO 27001 implementation project and ongoing maintenance of the implemented ISMS.
Identifying the right ISO 27001 Information Security Management System software
As with any other business operations software, there really is no one-size-fits-all solution for ISO 27001 management. Every company has its own DNA, and it’s nearly impossible to find a software solution to meet all of the unique requirements organizations can request, on a budget. However, there are some ground rules your top choice should respect. Your online ISO 27001 software should be:
- accessible to all project members, anytime, anyplace. Yes, it sounds corny, but the reality is that a lot of organizations are still using internally built networks and in-house tools to communicate and access company data, all confined to a space between office walls. Online tools are the perfect alternative.
- created specifically for ISO 27001 project management. Try to avoid software solutions with extensions for ISO 27001 management components. They generally underestimate the requirements of the complex document management process and follow-up activities, often failing to meet deadlines and project objectives.
- packed with risk and incident management, task, and document modules. Anything less, and you are missing a key feature component to host and execute all the activities tied to the implementation of core elements of ISO 27001. You need these modules to help you keep everything in one place and stay on top of the potential chaos.
- infused with strong knowledge support and software support. Having an online software solution for ISO 27001 management is fantastic. However, like any tool, it only solves half the problem; without the support and knowledge components, there is a risk that the software will never gain a real foothold in your organization and will become just another wasted investment. You need advice not just for what to do next in your ISO 27001 project, when to do it, and how, but also during the maintenance of your implemented ISMS. If your solution is missing that, then it is not complete. Excellent and – above all – responsive technical support is something that should really go without saying; but, these days, good support seems awfully hard to find.
- secure and stable. If your application crashes every few minutes for no apparent reason, or you experience more downtime than availability, it is not the tool you want. So, do ask around about the data protection model, where your data is stored, and what the account termination procedures entail.
- affordable. If you are paying $25,000 for a software solution to allow you to implement a standard by yourself, well, hire a consultant. If it provides you with everything you need for half that amount, well, you save a lot of money. So, look for a tool that justifies its cost and gives you real ROI.
- supports ongoing operation. Implementation is only the first step of your journey. You have to consider that this software will also need to be used for daily and routine operations after your system is implemented, or you run the risk that your software will support you only for a short period.
If the online ISO tool you choose has all of these features, then it rocks.
Have you tried Conformio yet?
Conformio is an online ISO 27001 Information Security Management System software created by the experts at Advisera Expert Solutions Ltd for everyone who needs a supporting tool to successfully implement the ISO 27001 standard in their company.
Companies can use Conformio for managing their implementations by taking advantage of the following features:
- constant accessibility, anytime, anyplace – as an online tool, Conformio provides easy access to project information for all relevant stakeholders, anytime, anyplace.
- strong focus on ISO 27001 management – Conformio is an ISO 27001 management tool, so it is designed to support your ISO 27001 project management implementation, as well as its ongoing operation, and it has additional registers and modules for managing risks, incidents, internal audits, non-conformities and corrective actions, and management review.
- effective risk and incident management, task, and document modules – with Conformio, you can manage any number of risk- and incident-related tasks, as well as documentation, keeping ISO 27001 chaos at bay. These features will support core aspects of the complex ISO 27001 project, to enable you to steer it to a successful implementation.
- strong expert and technical support – Conformio has a simple ISO 27001 Compliance Procedure created to be a guide for your ISO 27001 implementation, packed with instructions and helpful text for what to do next, when to do it, and how to do it properly. Also, our technical support is vigilant and responsive, empowering you to keep working on what truly matters – your ISO implementation.
- secure and stable – as a company that offers ISO 27001 (Information Security Management) documentation toolkits and expert knowledge, we made sure that Conformio meets all the necessary security requirements we teach others to implement. See here our Terms and Conditions of Service.
- best value for money – our prices are aligned to the needs of small and medium companies looking for an intuitive software solution to implement the ISO 27001 standard using a DIY approach. There are no investments in hardware, training, or additional services. Everything is on Conformio.
- ongoing operation capabilities. Conformio has features related to risk assessment and treatment, performance monitoring, internal audit, nonconformities treatment, and management review, so it can help your organization to keep things running and your newly implemented Information Security Management System up to date to support business needs and expectations.
Consider these rules in your search for the right ISO 27001 Information Security Management System solution, and you will definitely have a head start in the race not only for ISO 27001 project implementation, but for its ongoing operation. The time and resources you spare while implementing your ISO 27001 project using Conformio will not only justify the investment, but will also bring significant ROI when the time comes to renew the certification.
Technology gives us a much-needed edge to do more, faster and better. So, why not try it?