Let’s face it, picking the right tool for your organization usually comes down to price and available features. If the tool is cheaper and offers plenty of nice-looking features and reports, it is quickly promoted as the top choice. Unfortunately, organizations rarely consider the time and resources they should invest while setting up and implementing the ISO 27001 software tool, much less maintenance and upgrade costs. Sometimes, those hidden set-up, implementation, maintenance, and upgrade costs exceed expectations and can turn the whole project sour.
In this article, we offer advice on how to pick an intuitive online software solution to help you not only with your ISO 27001 implementation project, but also with its ongoing operation.
Key elements of intuitive ISO 27001 software
You might be surprised at how many organizations are seduced by fancy features, add-ons, and mirages presented by the software companies through internal, pre-defined demo environments. But, when project managers try to fit that perfect demo session example into their own way of working, things can get very messy. To avoid that scenario, here are some hints about what you should look at before making that final choice. Your online ISO 27001 software should be:
- Ok, we repeat this a lot, we know. But it is never too much to emphasize the importance of constant accessibility and that having a set timeframe to do work inside office walls is something from the 20th century, not the 21st. Your team should be free to organize its time, around the clock, from anywhere.
- Having multiple software tools to support necessary ISO 27001 project and operation activities (managing tasks, documents, and communication) will only frustrate your employees. They must piece together data from disparate sources, and lose precious time trying to understanding the project’s progress or their next assignments during ongoing operation. Having all the important information for an ISO 27001 implementation project and the ongoing operation of the ISMS on only one platform is really important.
- User-friendly. A user interface is like a joke: If you have to explain it, then it’s not good. Practice shows that the simplest, to-the-point solutions beat overly complex ERP solutions. You should look for a software tool that resonates well with your team and doesn’t require them to pause after each click while they figure out what they need to do next. A good interface should be welcoming, familiar, and logical. So, make sure the software tool you select meets this requirement.
- Tutorials, guides, templates, and demo videos are an excellent way to ensure strong acceptance of the software, speed up the implementation process, and ensure a smooth ongoing operation. Make sure the vendor you are considering has strong supporting documentation, reliable communication channels, and a live support team you can count on.
If your top choice is meeting these requirements, then you are on the right track to making a choice your team is going to love.
Why you should consider Conformio in your search for intuitive ISO 27001 software
Conformio is an online ISO 27001 software solution created by the experts at Advisera Expert Solutions, Ltd. for everyone who needs a support tool to successfully implement and operate an ISO 27001 Information Security Management System.
This is why companies worldwide consider Conformio useful:
- Constant accessibility, anytime, anywhere – As an online tool, Conformio provides easy access to information for all relevant stakeholders, anytime, anywhere.
- Centralized ISO management platform – On Conformio, everything related to an ISO 27001 project, and to the ongoing operation of the ISMS after that, is in one place. Every team member can log in and access all relevant ISO 27001 documentation, communications, core processes, modules, and tasks. This lets everyone easily contribute to the overall project progress and ongoing ISMS operation.
- Logical and friendly interface – Conformio provides a simple, streamlined user experience. It does this by leveraging familiar online software methods and features—we don’t try to re-invent the wheel. Instead, we utilize a standard user interface presentation to give you a smooth and easy working environment.
- Strong expert and technical support – Advisera Expert Solutions is renowned for its support. Conformio has a step-by-step Documentation Wizard, Registers, and Modules for mandatory requirements for the ISO 27001 standard. The documentation wizard can guide you on documentation development and on what to do next, when to do it, and how to do it properly. Modules for mandatory requirements, such as risk assessment and treatment, internal audit, and management review, can provide deep guidance on how to perform these specific tasks once the ISMS is implemented.
Our technical support is on-call and is highly responsive. This empowers you to keep working on what truly matters – your ISO implementation project, and ongoing operation of the ISMS. With that in mind, we have recorded educational videos, made with on-screen tutorials, and built an entire step-by-step Help Center, just in case you need it.
- Best value for money – Last, but not the least important, our prices are aligned to the needs of small and medium companies looking for an intuitive software solution to implement and manage the ISO 27001 standard using a DYI approach. There are no investments in hardware, training, or additional services. Everything is on Conformio.
At the end of the day, the ISO 27001 software tool is just that – a tool. But, if it’s simple to understand, packed with the right features, and accessible to all, there is a good chance that it will truly help you reach operational excellence, support results, and, ultimately, justify the investment with a concrete return.
Technology gives us a much-needed edge to do more, and do it faster and better. So, why not try it? It’s free.